Reproductive Health Pillar Activities
This pillar has the following activities:
- HIV / AIDS and STIs
- Maternal and Child Health
- Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion Prevention
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Obstetric Fistulas
WADADIA’s current activities under this pillar include:
- peer education
- counseling to CSW, school dropouts widows, school girls, single mothers and people living with HIV and AIDS.
- inspire the establishment of support groups HIV positive women and women with obstetric fistula.
- conducts community outreaches to promote uptake of VCT services and repair of obstetric fistula.
- supports people living with HIV with nutrition through establishment of poultry project.
- Kitchen gardens are also promoted as a source of the nutritional support
- mobilizes the teenage girls, mainly those that are dropping out of school to be trained on HIV/AIDs and become peer educators. The girls are also supported to return to school or pursue vocational training
Collaborators for these programs include:
- St Mary’s Hospital
- Jamia Medical Centre
- Ministry of Health
- CACC for technical support in these activities.