FIELD OFFICER- ELGEYO MARAKWET COUNTY
WADADIA is an organisation focusing on the holistic development of women within its three pillars of Reproductive Health, Economic Empowerment and psychological Support targeting the poorest women in society. The organization champions for the restoration of dignity for women living with fistula through a comprehensive prevention, treatment, and reintegration approach
The organization as well runs programmes targeting PLHIVs, pregnant women and most At Risk population. WADADIA has activities in seven counties in Western and in the Rift Valley regions of Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified Kenyans for the post of a Field Officer to be based in Elgeyo Marakwet County.
Purpose of the Position:
– Coordinate CORPs and programme activities in Elgeyo Marakwet programme counties
– Support and enhance the process of identifying (screening) and selecting appropriate project beneficiaries (Clients and Community Resource Persons)
– Co-ordinate the treatment of fistula clients including their welfare in the holding centre and at the medical facilities.
– Ensure smooth running of the reintegration activities and services provided to recovering clients at the holding centre in Baringo.
– Provide capacity building support for the CORPs and field volunteers in their planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities supported by the Fistula Foundation through training and technical assistance.
– Regularly follow-up the CORPs to monitor their performance and to support the quality of interventions.
– Organize and coordinate monthly progress review meetings with CORPs for experience sharing reporting and mutual learning.
– Organize and co-ordinate quarterly fistula rallies, outreach activities, stakeholder fora, and facility in-charges meetings.
– Maintain and keep record of Motorcycle use and servicing for maintenance including fueling
– Compile and submit monthly and quarterly progress reports.
– Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of Data collected by programmes and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
– Support and participate in programme and project evaluations.
– Assist the Lead Director and the Assistant Director programs with coordination of assigned projects.
– Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Diploma in community Development and Social work, [essential]
– 1 to 3 years of experience in community work [essential]
– Capacity to produce high- quality briefs and reports
– A Kalenjin Fluent in Turgen
– Motorcycle riding with a valid Driving license
– Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
– Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Experience in non-governmental organization [desirable].
Applications should be sent by post or email to the Lead Director using the following contacts so as to reach her on or before 27th, January 2017:
The Lead Director
Women and Development Against Distress in Africa [WADADIA]
Mumias Code 50102
Wadadia is an equal opportunity organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will automatically be disqualified